After the completion of the 2014-2018 Strategic Plan, during that last year the i+12 Institute prepared its new Plan for the 2019-2023 period with the following objectives:
- Give continuity to the Strategic Plan of the i + 12 Institute for the period 2014-2018.
- Consolidate its structure and guarantee its sustainability in the coming years.
- Increase the quality of its activities, certifying and accrediting all those processes that it considers strategic.
- Adapt to the new regulations available to maintain its accreditation as a Health Research Institute.
- Obtaining the HR Excellence in Research HRS4R accreditation.
In parallel, the Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre has also defined its Strategic Plan for the period 2020-2024. This plan defines various areas and fields of action, among which healthcare innovation is positioned as one of its main priorities for the coming years. In this way, the strategic objectives of the Hospital are aligned with those of the Research Institute.
A monitoring tool for the Strategic Plan has been developed to guarantee the correct follow-up of the outlined objectives and the execution of the activities of the i+12 Institute and the Hospital Universitario 12 de Octubre. This tool, called “Sistema SePIR+12”, allows knowing the fulfillment of the Action Plans and quantifies the achievement of the proposed work in the year and the accumulated achievement during the entire duration of the Strategic Plan.